Every time I get all set to buy my tix for ComiCon, the idiots of the world make me rethink that decision.
I mean, do I really want be in a packed convention hall full of guys like this guy?
Is even ComiCon really worth that price?
Oh, but! How silly of me, I forgot....
...a brief plug: If you're totally put off by the con you read about and worried that bad things could happen to you at cons everywhere, I'd suggest visiting WisCon, the world's leading feminist science-fiction convention, which I can guarantee you is completely different.
Gee, mister, that's awfully sweet of you, to allow me my fluffy little cage over there. 'Cuz god knows that:
1) the point of WisCon is to be a pink version of ComiCon, and not something else entirely
2) all the special guests that go to ComiCon go to WisCon
3) driving down to San Diego and staying with my cousin is in no way more affordable than flying halfway cross the country and staying in a hotel
4) nor is it more fun, because my cousins will be just as willing and able to hang out with me in Wisconsin as they will in San Diego
5) "separate but equal" is always a dandy idea
I'm seriously tempted to simply spend all that time writing fanfic for Criminal Minds instead.