Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Dreamland

I dreamt this morning that I was about to fly back to the States from England (sigh - I miss traveling) and needed to find some chocolate for the flight. (Six hours without chocolate - unthinkable!)

I already had tons of chocolate - but it was all the really expensive good stuff that deserved much better than being wasted on a long flight. (I must say that while my dreamland kept acting unrealistically, I was acting pretty true to character in this particular dream. You should have seen the pile of chocolate I brought back with me from my year abroad.)

So...I set out scouring the large city - that was not actually any real city but rather a generic pseudo-London - for everyday chocolate. Since it was 4:30 in the morning, everything was closed - but I needed something soon, because I had to leave for the airport at 6:30. (I remember the the times quite specifically, probably because I had this dream after waking up at 6:30 and then falling back asleep.)

Oddly, (but typical for dreamland) the first stores that opened up were clothing stores. And I had to fight my way through the crowds rushing in in order to find my way into the Starbucks (huh?) that actually looked at lot more like the Market House at Disneyland than a Starbucks. I did, however, find my candy.

Then I woke up

2 comments:

sassymonkey said...

This is the point where you discover I'm a mutant.

I don't like chocolate.

Mickle said...

Nooooooo!!!!!!

That's a weird superpower to have though.....

(sorry....I'm, um, in the middle of watching X-Men 1 and 2 'cause I plan on seeing 3 on Friday)