Monday, May 22, 2006

Summer Reading Challenge

This sounds like a good idea.

(via Sassymonkey Reads)

I could always use more recommendations for customers, so I think I'll make my own goal a bit more specific. Rather than just any books, each month I will read:

1 Beginning Reader
1 Picture book
1 Chapter book
1 Young Reader novel
1 Teen novel
1 Graphic novel for kids
and
1 Non-fiction book for kids

(Since I'm doing this partly to expand list my of good books, each has to be by an author I haven't read before or a series I am not familiar with)

I will also write reviews for all of them (like I'd always meant to do). That will be a total of 21 books and 21 reviews in three months. That shouldn't be too hard. Which is good, because I'm sure I'll be reading lot's of "adult" books as well.

2 comments:

sassymonkey said...

Yours is sounding a lot more fun than mine at the moment. Mine is starting to scare me. lol

Mickle said...

I keep thinking mine is too easy actually (I mean, seriously, the picture books will take all of five minutes).

But then I stop remember the fact that I just promised to write reviews for all of them - and that I added the stipulation that they all be new (to me) authors or series.

I think it might take me an hour just to find a picture book by an author I haven't read before....and I can already think of about ten books that don't fit that critera that I absoultely must read sometimes soon...

:) it'll be an interesting summer.